Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's not ALL about the art.....

Every now and then I get the question from a client (usually from a parent) "is it OK if we take a few family/posed/formal photos?" My answer, "ABSOLUTELY!" Unless you make a habit of dressing up in bridal gown and tuxedo on a regular basis, and asking your closest friends and family to do the same, chances are you're not going to look this spectacular all the time, and it's worth a few quick seconds to knock out a "formal" photo or two. I don't feature these types of images on my site or on the blog, but I definitely realize the importance of these pictures not only for the Bride & Groom, but for the parents and extended family as well. So if there's any doubt as to what's included with my coverage, take a look at a few family pictures from this past season......







...I doubt these will be winning any awards any time soon, however it's important to make sure you have enough time built into your schedule to accomodate these pictures, because even though the creative, artistic, documentary style images are what I'm typically hired for, the family and bridal party pictures are an equally important part to a complete wedding photographic coverage.

No comments: