Friday, January 18, 2008

Everything is connected.....

I'm not a wedding planner, nor do I ever aspire to be a wedding planner. However, after a couple of recent meetings with future brides, I've started to realize that the choices a bride & groom make in the planning stages can definitely influence the look and feel of their pictures.

A great example of this concept is the dress...







As a bride if you like pictures like the three posted above, there should be some consideration given to the types of pictures you want when you're shopping for your dress and veil. An elbow length veil makes these types of images very difficult to create, whereas a more formal cathedral length gown and veil can provide more opportunites for dramatic images.

However I'm not trying to suggest you can't get cool pictures in a less formal gown...




A dress like the one above allows the bride to be more mobile and active. There is no way I'd ever ask a bride (this bride actually did it on her own, no prompting from me) to walk along the edge of a fountain in a gown with a long train and veil on, that's a dissaster waiting to happen.

I realize I'm not the one wearing the dress, and things like comfort, mobility, etc.... should all play a big part in your decision. However if you purchase a dress that takes into consideration both how the dress will photograph, as well as how you look and feel, the end result are pictures that you are going to love as much as you loved wearing your wedding gown.

No comments: