Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Information Overload




I just returned from Tampa, Fl, where I spent four days attending seminars with some of the best wedding photographers in the world (You should see what some of the guys in Australia are doing!) This was my first photography convention since I was in college, and although I didn't really know what to expect, I was blown away with how much great information was presented.

At first I thought all the seminars were going to be comprised of speakers who were just trying to sell you their own books, seminar registrations, or products. However not only were they all very genuine and willing to share what they've learned from their time in the business, they were all very approachable and willing to chat outside of the sessions as well. It shows that despite the fact that they are some of the biggest names in the world of wedding photography, deep down they are all incredibly passionate about what they do, and have commited themselves to helping as many people as possible raise the level of wedding photography as high as it can go.

Now all I have to do is lock myself in a room and start pouring over the 20+ pages of notes I took and start implementing some of the things I've learned!

2 comments:

Emily DeWan Photography said...

I'm sure this was a blast! I had so much fun last year.

Jay Crihfield said...

Yeah, I was wondering where you were! There weren't a ton of other Chicago people there, but it was still a great time