Monday, January 26, 2009

Favorite wedding images of 2008 Part 1.....

Before 2008 is a distant memory, I wanted to show off (for the second time in some cases) a few of my favorite images from the 2008 wedding season. Even though I post a handfull of my favorites from each wedding here on the blog, some images just seem to resonate a bit more with me and are worthy of one more look until the 2009 season gets going.....




I like this image of Shane with his Dad before the ceremony is about to start. I don't care how cool and confident a groom looks, they're always pretty nervous!



Jennifer & William were so much fun because they made pictures like this one so easy to make. They actually came up to me during their reception and said "can we get out of here for a bit...we kinda need a break!" So we just scooted off to the lounge at Starved Rock State Resort and they plopped down on the couch. I just backed off and let them relax and was able to capture this fantastic reaction of the two of them just enjoying each other's company on their wedding day!



Christine threw me a bit of a curve ball on this one because I didn't know exactly what the location she had picked out was like. All she told me was "I want something edgy and badass" and said we were going to an abandoned car dealership. At first I wasn't sure, but I've received a lot of positive feedback on this one, and now it's one of my favorites, mostly because the location is pretty different. But ultimately, it reflects the bride and her personality perfectly!



Carrie & Brian were married on Carrie's parents' farm, and her Mom spent a lot of time hanging these lighted jars in the large tree that greets visitors as you pull up the driveway. I like the way the form of the tree and the lights frames the couple.



This is one of those images where you're actually trying to do one thing, but end up with something totally different. I get a lot of requests to do "cool stuff with the veils" and had a different idea in mind with Emily and Danny. But when Emily asked if she could just get rid of it instead, I said to just go ahead and toss it away and see what happens. Luckily the veil made a nice curve that contrasts against the red farm house.



That's all for now, stay tuned I'll have some more favorites up in the next couple of days......

No comments: